Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The recycled magazine work of "Danny O"


I just hung up my 2009 calendar in the Junk Mail Gems studio...featuring the art of Daniel O'Connor (aka "Danny O"). It's really a fun calendar full of his work, which is made up of a collage of magazine paper.



This one is my favorite although it is not in the calendar:


Ever since I was little, my mom used to set us up at the kitchen table with some glue, paper, and a pile of coupon ads from the newspaper, magazines, etc. We would cut out shapes and make our own collages.

Collages are a great way to re-use, and just plain fun project for kids. It gives them an opportunity to create artwork by including images of things that they may have a hard time drawing otherwise...plus, what kid doesn't like using scissors and glue? Kudos to Danny O for turning his passion and talent into a professional fine art career!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I just found your Blog. Thanks for writing about my husband.

I wanted to let you know of his new website. It is the official website of Danny O, and his only website.

Check out his new work...

www.momandpopartshop.com

Thanks for the recognition!

Jen

Gretchen Fleener said...

Hi Jen! Sorry for the late response...I just updated all of the links! Thanks so much for letting me know! Sorry it's hard to get in contact with me via the blog...if you go to my site www.JunkMailGems.com, you can find a contact form there. Love your husband's stuff...and best of luck to you with your new coming addition!!! Parenthood is awesome!! :-) -Gretchen

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's going on in the world of Junk Mail Gems, along with other cool, hand-made "green" products, DIY projects, and more!