Monday, December 12, 2011

My Recycled Trivet Rug

If you are an avid reader, you may remember this post from over a year ago of a cool rug made from old trivets.  I've been collecting trivets at thrift stores and garage sales since then, and finally finished my own trivet rug!

 I incorporated a couple placemats and little coasters in there as well, which are made of the same material as the trivets.  I laid them out on the floor, then stitched them together with fishing line.  I was a little worried that these could scratch up the wood floor over time, so I glued a non-slip rug pad/mat thing on the back and then trimmed around the edges with a scissors.

It's not quite perfect but I still like it.  :-)  We'll see how it stands the test of time with two little boys and two big dogs!

 Speaking of dogs, here's Amos.  He thinks I should post about his awesome doggy self instead of that stupid rug.  He'll have to settle for a photo of himself AND the rug.  ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's going on in the world of Junk Mail Gems, along with other cool, hand-made "green" products, DIY projects, and more!