Saturday, December 6, 2008

Turn your junk mail into cool gift bags!

There are less than 3 weeks left until Christmas! Chances are you're out trying to get your shopping done this weekend, and if you're like me, you'd rather spend your money on a nice gift than purchasing a bunch of gift wrap. There is no reason that you can't get a nice gift, AND wrap it uniquely, without spending a small fortune!


I have just uploaded a new DIY project to my Junk Mail Gems DIY page...now you can turn your junk mail into one of a kind gift bags! I have a pdf that I created just for you wonderful readers, available for download on the tutorial page, which is sized to fit on a standard letter sized paper for you to print out. The result is a gift bag that measures about 3" x 2" x 4.25".

In this gift bag shown above, I used a page out of a Macy's catalog that has pictures of flatware, which will be perfect to give the Macy's gift card I just got as a wedding shower gift. Get creative...there's probably a lot of holiday themed junk mail coming through your box, so why not take advantage of the colors and patterns and make up some cool bags!

I used some string from a gift bag that was torn and no longer use-able for handles. You can do the same, or use any other string, ribbon, yarn, etc you have around the house.

Don't forget to FILL your junk mail bag with a cool gift! May I suggest some cool Junk Mail Gems jewelry, perhaps? ;-) Be sure to check out our gift section as well, for special package deals, gift wrap, greeting cards, gift certificates, and more! Happy wrapping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're great! Keep up the good work.

julie said...

This is terrific! I try to work primarily with recycled or natural materials, so I just downloaded your pattern to put all my small holiday gifts in.

Thanks so much for this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's going on in the world of Junk Mail Gems, along with other cool, hand-made "green" products, DIY projects, and more!