Saturday, December 12, 2009

DIY Christmas Gift Idea: Community Center Art Classes!

For the past 6 weeks, thanks to the suggestion of my husband, I've been really enjoying some pottery classes that I've been taking at my local city's art center. Below is a collage of some of the pieces I've been able to bring home so far...there are still a few left to fire before they are all done!

In addition to creating items to use around my own home, I purposely made some flower pots that I am planning to fill with a little herb or cactus to give as Christmas gifts. My class was on the pottery wheel, however, you can hand make so many things out of clay, including ornaments.

While I know this is probably too late for this holiday season, I wanted to post this as a great way to be green, make your own one-of-a-kind gifts, and support your local community! Check out your own local community center or community college and see if they offer art or craft classes, as many do. It's a really fun way to get out of the house (SO precious to a work-from-home mom!), learn something new, and create original gifts and decor for your own home.

Why not even start now for next year? It would make a great New Year's resolution!

5 comments:

Rollie said...

Each pot is beautiful! What a fun time you had! I love all the shapes and colors! You did a lot in such few classes... but it doesn't surprise me as I know you!

Cindi said...

How talented you are. I'm sure each recipient will love their one-of-a-kind gift. Merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

That sounds so wonderful. Maybe i will also have a try. I think DIY gifts can show our care for the reveivers more. Besides, make a christmas Ecard is also a good choice. There is the tips for DIY Christmas Ecard with powerpoint.

Unknown said...

Amazing blog!!! Going to subscribe. Please check out my blog and I'll be reading yours often!

Rosina said...

HELLO! I AM IN LOVE OF YOUR BLOG! I AM LOVE THE RECYCLING ALSO..
IF YOU HAVE DESIRE I DATED A RETURN FOR THE MINE, TO SEEING IF YOU LIKE IT. MY SARLE's FORM THE SECOND OPPORTUNITY TO THE OBJECTS.. A GREETING FROM ARGENTINA

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's going on in the world of Junk Mail Gems, along with other cool, hand-made "green" products, DIY projects, and more!