Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wine Cork Bulletin Board





I finally got around to making a cool bulletin board this week with my huge stash of wine corks. I still need to figure out an edge treatment to finish it off, but otherwise it is pretty close to done! I used some scraps of board that were left over from a previous project, and then glued each cork using some Titebond III wood glue which really seems to hold very strong! I'd love to make these cork boards available on my Junk Mail Gems page of other recycled stuff some time in the future!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks awesome! If you had some scrap lumber (maybe 1x2 or 1x3) you could decoupage wine labels to the lumber and make a frame!

Gretchen Fleener said...

Thanks! Great idea about the frame using wine labels!! I have a couple more in the works that are still un-framed so I'll have to try that! I tried to frame this one but our miter saw is on the fritz...maybe I'll do the old fashioned way with a hand saw...

C5 said...

You can also try the old newspaper. Roll it lengthwise, thick enough just like the cork and make a frame.

You have a wonderful site!

C5
http://globalrecycledproducts.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's going on in the world of Junk Mail Gems, along with other cool, hand-made "green" products, DIY projects, and more!