Monday, June 14, 2010

Recycled Burlap Sacks

I just recently came up with an idea for something useful that I want to make using burlap, so I posted a "wanted" ad on my local Freecycle site, in hopes of obtaining some.  If I do get my hands on some, I will share my project with you!

But, in the meantime, I thought I'd peruse the web for some other fun ways to use burlap.  Of course, there are more sites that sell recycled burlap handbags than you can shake a potato at, so I thought I'd highlight some of the more unique applications...

like this cool chair made from burlap sacks from Colcha: (via Green Eco Services)

Have yourself a red and GREEN Christmas with this great stocking by Lama Designs: (via Yummery)

You can also make quite the fashion statement with these great pants and skirts made from recycled burlap sacks: (via Great Green Goods)


Jenny Lou Who said...

I can't even imagine wearing something made of burlap. Or sitting on it comfortably. I'd have to think up something else to do with it, though, because burlap is such a neat fabric to use.

Gretchen Fleener said...

True...although as their site mentions the pants/skirts are fully lined with cotton/polyester. But, I am curious how the fabric would move with (or against) you when you sit!

Amy @ said...

I too have an obsession with burlap sacks. I wanted to make a curtain out of one but couldn't find any in my price range so I made my own. Here is a link to my tutorial on how you too can make your own feed sack.

Thanks for sharing all those pretty pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's going on in the world of Junk Mail Gems, along with other cool, hand-made "green" products, DIY projects, and more!