Friday, February 13, 2009

Crochet + Beer Cans = Party Hat?!

Earlier this week my mom and I were out hitting a few thrift stores in the area, and I came across this hat made out of a combination of beer cans and crochet...a combination I must say I never thought I'd see! I could not bring myself to pay the $9.99 price tag on it, but my mom had her camera handy and got this shot!



So, I thought I'd Google it to see what other beer can related recycling projects I could find. And, what is the first thing I stumble across? A site that sells these exact hats!!! Check it out here.

When I saw this in the thrift store among the other old hats, I pictured a little old lady wearing it and it just made me laugh. But, after seeing the website, I can see they are targeting college kids. But, they can also make purses too! So, if you have a favorite beer and some school colors to go along with it, you can have your own custom drinking hat or bag made here!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link. I love making the beer can hats and running my little website. Just seeing where the orders are coming from is exciting. Drop me a line anytime. We can talk crochet!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's going on in the world of Junk Mail Gems, along with other cool, hand-made "green" products, DIY projects, and more!